Amie Pettitt Thriller
On Monday 15th March, I decided to add the final touches to the editing within my film. There was a few little pieces that need touching up and re-editing. At the beginning of my film, my original idea was to have a panning shot of the Detectives desk for the opening. However, I am still using the panning shots, but I am applying them after a creepy and unusual shot of a silhouetted figure. The reason I chose to add the silhouetted figure at the start, was because it draws the audience in from the beginning and it sets the atmosphere of a creepy and thrilling movie.

I decided to change a section of my movie, the part where Detective Stirling is looking furious with the 'Accused Suspect' and when he grasps the chair fearlessly and throws it to the floor. I decided to chop each section into three different sections and mix the scenes up. So the camera focuses on the Detectives face and then cuts to him gripping the chair and throwing it on the floor. By using this mixture of cuts it adds tension and suspense, especially with the suspenseful music over the top. I had to cut a few clips down because the timeing was out of sync with the audio, this enabled me to match the audio and the video, so that when the final video is complete the audio and video will be in sync.
Adding Titles: Within the opening of my film, I had to insert some title sequences to state who Directed it, the cast and supporting cast. I had to choose where my titles would be inserted carefully, as it could turn the movie upside down if they were inserted in the wrong place. I decided to insert the cast names over the footage, 'Featuring Neil Mason as 'THE ACCUSED' is placed on top of the Detective pacing up and down the interview room. I wanted to keep the text simple and not to fancy, I stuck to Verdana and increased the spacing of the text by 5. This enabled it to look very effective and professional. Other Titles I included within the opening are as followed:
Featuring Neil Mason as 'THE ACCUSED'
Steve Pettitt as 'DET. STIRLING'
Denise Pettitt as 'THE VICTIM'
&
A Special Thanks To Adam Mason, For all his help with the story board and production.
0 Responses

Post a Comment