Amie Pettitt Thriller
After completing the editing , Steve Pettitt and I went into the studio to compose some music for my final video. I edited all of the music and sound effects on a programme called 'Logic Pro', this piece of software allowed me to insert the video footage and edit the music so it would fit with the video. Logic Pro has thousands of copy right free sound effects built in, which I used to add more suspense and action to my thriller.


I laid a piece of music down called 'Disoriented' which I used for the main music, which will be playing in the background. The reason I chose this piece of music was because it was a thrilling, action piece of music from start to finish, the pace picks up half way through which fits with the video. At the end of my video the killer launches a bat towards the camera and I wanted to create tension. I inserted another piece of background music towards the end, which slowly fades in and has a fast drum beat and an electric guitar which fades out towards the end. Once I applied the music to my video in brought the film to life, the music is the key part to making a movie, it gives it a more realistic effect. To make my film even better I decided to add Non - Diegetic sounds in i.e. when the door opens at the beginning of the scene, I added keys raterling and the door slamming behind the killer. I also added a warehouse effect, so when the camera cuts back to the victim there is a hint of warehouse atmosphere in the background. Another main sound I used was a type writer, I used a typewriter filter in Final Cut and thought it would be amazing if I could get the sound to fit the video, and it worked. Finally I applied the rest of the Non-diegetic sounds and previewed the final version of my film 'The Victim'.
0 Responses

Post a Comment