Amie Pettitt Thriller
After shooting the footage for the opening of my Thriller, I had to take roughly 30 minutes of footage and cut it down into a 2 minute opening. I decided to use Final Cut Express 4 to do my editing, as I find it much more easier to use than Adobe Premier. By using Final Cut it allowed me to create more unusual and effective shots to insert into my film.

To start of with the editing was fairly easy, cutting each individual clip, so the size and context was perfect. It then started to get more advanced and tricky as I had to decide which video transitions to used and which one would look better with the clips. I took the opening scene, where the camera is panning across the Detectives desk, overlooking some case files, computer, paperwork and his badge. All of these clips made up to a couple of seconds, I played around with some transitions such as Cross Fades, Fade In and Out, Dissolves and many more. However, I decided to stick to a Cross Fade or a normal Fade, because it is a fairly simple transition and it also breaks the audience in slowly. As the movie progresses and the film draws to a closing, more fast and effective transitions will be used to add tension and suspense to the clip as well as the actual footage.

After I edited a few of the clips together, I decided to change the whole image to black and white. I decided to do this because black and white stands out more and looks more effective. With one of the scenes in my thriller, the lighting is fairly bright and once turned to black and white it looks more realistic. I wanted to create a thriller film that has a twist and has a slight dark side to it, I managed to achieve this by changing the frames to black and white.

On Tuesday 2nd March, I couldn't do much work towards my editing because Final cut wasn't responding to my computer. I wasn't able to solve this problem in time, so instead I decided to look at thriller openings and writing down the disadvantages and advantages of the opening. I also thought about the advantages and disadvantages and started to think of possible questions such as; is my thriller opening as good as the ones that have already been released within the industry.

0 Responses

Post a Comment